Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Not The Way It Should Be

Today when I was driving home I passed a bus stop near my apartment. At the bus stop was a girl. She looked to be between the ages of 14 and 17. She was wearing flip flops, a long flowy skirt and a t-shirt. Her hair was long and fell in tight spirals, her face adorned with glasses and ears filled with music coming from headphones. It was raining. This girl was singing, it looked like she was singing in full voice to the music pumping through the headphones. And she was jumping up and down, dancing to the same beats. She didn't care how many cars were driving by.

But do you know what my first thought was when I saw her? I wondered if she had some sort unmanaged mental illness. So because she was unabashedly singing and dancing in public, I thought there was something wrong with her. Then I realized the something was wrong with me and the thinking I'm surrounded by here in this hemisphere.

I think I need to dance and sing in the rain more.

No comments: