Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Irwin And The Return Of The DSB

Once upon a time I moved into an apartment building and acquire a balcony. I also acquired a pigeon who spent a lot of time on that balcony. Since I half lived on the balcony, this pigeon and I spent a lot of time together. We got kind of close, I named him Irwin and we started dating. Then he got facebook and everything became official.

Things were good for a few months - I would wake up to the sounds of him singing, we'd watch the sun go down. He was a great listener, and I thought things would be good. Winter started to come and he was out flying a lot more. I saw him less and less. Then when the snow started to fly I began to see him cozying up with another pigeon - on the ledge above my balcony door no less.

I confronted him about this repeated cheating and well, after some deliberating realized I needed to be in a relationship where I was being respected and honoured. So Irwin and I broke it off last night.

I'm pretty sure that while I was dating Irwin there were few to no Dear Secret Boyfriend (DSB) posts. Rest assured these will resume now that I'm single again and all you men with your mad crushes and shy selves, well, you will once again be flooded with suggestions on how you can break the ice with me.

No comments: