Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Smell Of Guys Who Take Themselves Too Seriously...

Reachforth Slo-Pitch kicked off tonight with a handy victory by our team - FOD (Friends of Dan).

And once again I was confronted with guys on other teams (never the ladies, don't know why), who feel that church league slo-pitch is equatable to AAA baseball. They really are one simple step below the majors. I'm not gonna lie, I'm relatively hard core, I try hard. But as my good friend (who no longer likes to go by this name), JLo would say, "I know who I am and I know where I come from". I realize that there is only so much of a competitive edge that one can attain when playing co-ed, recreational slo-pitch once a week. It can only get better from here.

I'm hoping to keep all ya'll abreast of our progress as a team, so if you scroll down and check beneath the Time Warp and above the Archives you will find some Baseball action.

No comments: