Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Catching Up

Its been a long time since we chatted you and I. I'm sorry about that. I've been really busy. I know that isn't an excuse. You deserve better for all the time you give me and for being so nice. I will try to do better.

It looks like the excitement with my Mom is just about done. She is resting at home and in good spirits. She has some hefty drugs and instructions for a good recovery. She is able to walk around though stairs pose her some challenge. That will come though. God has been good to her and our family through all of this. I am blessed to have friends like you praying for her and for us. Thank you.

Not too much is actually new with me. School is going well. It is really busy this year. There is so much work to do. I haven't seen the inside of a bar in weeks. That is a good thing. I have been challenged and tamed by the work load and my determination not to fail any more classes. The rest of my activities are going well. Tannis and I have been making big leaps in my voice lessons and I am really glad I took them again this semester. Choir has been super busy this semester. I thought there would be a little more breathing room between tour and our Spring Concert, but I feel like there isn't. Church In the Box has been really enriching and butt kicking for me. Being on both the prayer and drama teams makes things busy but I'm glad to be on them. I'm really inspired by some of the people I've been working with this year. I have also started mentoring someone this semester. She's really cool. It has been a real challenge for me at times. More butt kicking I guess.

Work at the Pit remains the same. It is always changing and always staying the same. We got whole wheat pitas this fall and a brand new pita too. The staff we have this year is great and they are easy to work with. Better than last year's I would say. Unfortunately I am a manager now. That means that I'm doing a weeknight close every week. This semester it is Tuesdays. Every Tuesday I have all 5 of my classes plus choir. I start at 6:45am (for 8am class) and my last class ends at 10pm. Then I zoom home, change my clothes and rush to work. I am there until anywhere between 3:15am and 4:30am depending on cleaning. I come home, I collapse, I hate Tuesdays.

Well friend, I had better get on with it. Send me a line and let me know how you're doing.

No comments: