Sunday, March 20, 2005

Auto Pilot

Me: Hy God
God: Hey, I didn't think I was ever going to get a chance to talk to you.
Me: Huh? I talk to you every day.
God. I said I didn't that think I was going to get a chance to talk to you. You always seem to do the talking.
Me: You're right. Sorry about that.
God: Its ok, I forgive you.
Me: Thanks.
God: So how are you doing?
Me: Don't you know already?
God: Yes, but I want to hear in your words how you feel.
Me: Umm, ok, well I guess I'm still really tired. I feel drained. I guess, I guess I feel like I'm on auto pilot.
God: Bingo!
Me: What?
God: Baby, you've been on auto pilot for the past two months. Sure you talk with/to me every morning and during the day, but its the same old stuff. I'm only getting part of you. The same is with your friends. You've probably only been totally honest with one of your friends in the past month and half. And when you were honest about how you were feeling you started to cry. Of course you stopped yourself from crying because you don't cry.
Me: Uh..
God: I want to see all of you. Everyone wants to see all of you. Even if that you is tired and cranky. I love the joyful, full of energy you, but if that isn't what is on your heart that is ok. And its ok to take a few weeks to get over all of the stuff that has been going on lately and that is continuing to happen.
Me: I...
God: Shhhh. Rest in me. I will fill you. Ask me, please just ask me. I'm here for you. And so are your friends. Ask for a massage, ask to go out for tea, ask to be left alone. Ok?
Me: Yeah.
God: I love you.
Me: I love you too.

No comments: