Friday, January 28, 2005

Scathing

Listen, I know that sometimes I fool around in choir rehearsal; trying to lick Sarah Vedder and such but I do that regardless of who is sitting behind the piano or conducting.

I'm sure you (if you are a choir member and this is who this post is directed at) can jump to what point I'm about to make. I don't care if you don't like/respect/care about/have enough scruples to shut up around Dan/Felix/Kathleen/Mary Beth/Naomi..... just practice. Do the work that you came to the rehearsal to do, keep your witty comments in your head, blog about them later, write them down if you need to but don't distract the rest of the choir especially when we are being student led.

I have heard complaining about loosing momentum and passion for the ensemble after completing Messiah. I see that point. But when you sign up for something like this you sign up for the WHOLE year. Yes it has been tough slugging for the past few weeks and will continue to be that way for a while longer. Suck it up. From my vantage point it is that the struggle that makes the music that much more beautiful.

If you are having trouble remaining motivated or mustering up the respect that student leaders deserve please keep your mouth shut. Surely you can do that as a favour to the rest of us.

No comments: