Monday, January 24, 2005

Lessons learned from the Pit

I have only 3.5 months left at the Pita Pit and I have decided to have an ongoing series of Things I Have Learned From The Pit.

First Installment:

Before working at the Pit I had a bit of a boy problem. If you were a boy you had to fit into 1 of 2 categories; male relative or love interest. You can see how this would bring about many woes. Despite arguments to the contrary, sometimes boys indeed do just want to be friends.

I had tried and tried to learn to just be friends through practice but to no avail. So I prayed that God would help me. And in the most creative way He did. Some of the guys at the Pit have been working there for some time. So have I. At first I was shy around them. Then I came to the realization that I will never date a boy from the Pita Pit. None of them are Christians or really even close to being Christians or really even dateable for me in any conceivable way. Knowing that I would never date one of these guys took a whole lot of stress off of me and I was able to be more of myself and "experiment" with some behaviours.

You know what? One of the guys there has turned out to be one of my closest guy friends. It has been awesome to be liberated from two categories!

So thank you boys of the Pit. Thank you for being so absolutely un-dateable!

No comments: