Friday, April 03, 2009

Kosher Cloven Hooves

Its no secret that I have a deep, deep love for bacon. It is that love that causes me to state that I am middle aged. Come on heart disease, I'm gonna be dead by 50!

Yesterday I was doing a little link surfing and discovered this: http://baconsalt.com/ - from the website: "Bacon Salt is a fat free, zero calorie, low sodium, vegetarian, Kosher, seasoning salt that makes everything taste like bacon."

Get off the floor - its true, this is a real product and now I know how my gift idea lists are going to look for the next while:
  1. Bacon Salt - original
  2. Bacon Salt - hickory
  3. Bacon Salt - peppered
  4. Bacon Salt - jalapeno
  5. Mac Book Pro (pref preloaded with Final Cut)
  6. Baconnaise
  7. Bacon Salt - mesquite
  8. Bacon Salt t-shirt
These guys have a blog that you should probably go to. It is here: http://www.baconsaltblog.com/ They are also on Twitter, Facebook and Myspace.

But while we're on the subject of bacon... a little more link surfing brought me to this blog: http://iheartbaconsalt.com/ - it will likely be the inspiration for the menu at my wedding reception (and rest of my life). While I was scanning through the blog I remembered this old gem:



I may have also found out this evening that a coffee shop/local eatery near my place is open 24/7 and that their breakfast sandwiches are available at any time of day. When the woman at the counter told me this I interpreted the details thusly, "So you're telling me there is bacon available 24 hours a day?"

I don't know what the appropriate substitution for Cheers! would be with bacon... maybe Sizzle! sure, its that.

Sizzle! (here's pork on your fork)

No comments: