Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh Yeah

I'm moving to London, ON on the weekend. There is a great housing set up there. I'm living with 3 other people I know. Two of them are older than me. The younger one is finishing up school. The house is in a nice area, its not near the downtown at all, but the neighbourhood and the neighbours are really nice. We might get one more roommate for part of the year, a mutual friend of the 3 of ours. I'm getting a killer deal on rent for a house that is already furnished and landscaped and has some beautiful features.

I don't have a job there yet. Though the city is almost blanketed with my resume. Blessedly for me I am able to keep doing work for the labour group for at least a few weeks. So I have some income and some flexibility while I try and secure other work.

One of the other exciting things about this move is that I just made Gerald Fagan's Chorus London. Its a choir of just over 100 members, it has its own orchestra (and a uniform!). Some of the highlights of what I know we'll be performing this year are: Orff's Carmina Burana, Ruth Watson Henderson's Voices of the Earth, Handel's Messiah, and Britten's War Requiem. I'm pretty stoked. There are also plans for some recording too.

In the meantime, I'm stressed out of my tree to get packing done. Most of my belongings have to go to Brighton before the much smaller amount of them goes to London. So there is lots of sorting and chucking and looking longingly at children playing outside. Having this whole leg thing isn't helping too much. It still looks gross and swollen. It still hurts and I still have to ice it and keep it up. Keeping your leg up is easy when packing you know. Cough.

I just thought you'd want to know. And the more you know, the more you grow!

No comments: