Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Simple Life?

(side note - Wipeout was awesome last night!)

There are a lot of things that you can accuse my life of being - filled with drama, exciting, full, etc. But you cannot accuse my life of being simple. No, no you cannot. There are times when I thrive on this simplicity, but often I crave some calm waters.

Why would this summer be any different? I go for months with no work, relying on the God inspired kindness of others for survival. Then I finally get this theatre day camp job. Which I was grateful for, but not fantastically excited about (for reasons both communicated and not communicated in the resent post on that job). As I was preparing to start training for this day camp position the possibility another position in a very different sector was brought to my attention, but a lot of ifs ands and buts had to be taken care of before anything could even look official. Well, those slowly got eliminated and today I got a lovely gift via the phone - a different job.

I'll be working for a labour group for the rest of the summer, helping them finish a project. I couldn't be more excited. I get to work mostly from home, I don't have to work with children or theater people, and well, I'll get paid more! So I don't have to go in for camp training today or ever more! And I start training tomorrow morning. Oh and I will have the foxiest boss alive!

No comments: