Monday, November 05, 2007

My Three Jobs

Well, you may have noticed the lack of garden or outdoor talk in my posts recently. Or maybe its the mentions of cleaning Aug Hall. But after the first week of October I got three jobs here at the school. I am the helper monkey for the Theatre and Music departments and do a little bit of work for Janitorial. Anything to make the bills get paid.

For the Music dept I have been and am doing a lot of work in and with the choral library. I'm currently done about a quarter of databasing the whole thing. And then generally just doing things that Dr. T asks me to, like procure things from the registrars office or call people/places for tour.

For the Theatre dept I am production managing the mainstage for the semester as well as doinag lots of other little departmental things like updating display cabinets, organizing a trip to the Shaw or putting together some stuff for one of the profs.

Janitorial is pretty cut and dry. Jon Stumm and I clean the hallways and entranceways (and such) of Augustine Hall twice a week.

That is how I pay (or try) to pay the bills. It would likely be more possible if I didn't have schoolwork or ministry stuff - oh the tension - ministry doesn't pay the bills, so i have to give attention to things that do.

Now you know.

No comments: