Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Elevator

So I've been living in this apartment building since August. I take the elevator at least twice a day to get either down to my car or up to my apartment. And I just wanted to share one of my little observances on humanity.

Nobody seems to press the elevator buttons the same way. I just walk in, press the button for the floor I need and I'm done. But this does not seem to be enough for other people. Some come in and hit the button 5 times and then stop. While others hit their floor and then as soon as someone else presses their floor number they have to go back and hit their's again. There is a variant on that one - when a floor has been reached by the elevator and someone gets off the person hits their number again, in case the elevator forgot. Just all kinds of little quirks that are second nature to their owners.

No comments: