Friday, August 12, 2005

Hamilton In Desperate Need of Lives

S.O.S! The City of Hamilton needs a large shipment of lives. These will be distributed to the citizens of Hamilton so that they have a life. This need became obvious to me today. Canadian Idol winner Kalan Porter is singing right now at the WestJet Festival of Friends in Gage Park. On my way into the greenhouse from the parking lot all three of us workers got stopped and asked if we were there to line up to see Kalan. It was 6am. I thought it was ridiculous. Then I looked into the park. There were people already sitting in front of the bandshell. Apparently some had slept overnight. As the day went on, despite rain and wind, more and more misguided souls showed up to get themselves a seat close to Canada's favourite boy singer who looks like a 12 year old girl.

I can only hope they have all gone home by the time I want to see the Wailin' Jennys and The Nylons on Sunday night.

No comments: