Saturday, August 20, 2005

Fun Times

Once upon a time (aka Thursday morning) I was working at the greenhouse steaking chrysanthemums, minding my own business when all of a sudden something (I still don't know what) bit or stung me on the lower bicept/upper tricept area of my left arm. I yelped in pain and fruitlessly looked around for the culprit.

When I looked at my arm I already had a raised bump and a growing red area around the wound. I didn't pay that much attention to it until about half an hour later when I started to feel really woozy, it became harder to swallow, my chest, neck and face turned red, my chest tightened up, my head started to hurt, I got really tired and I was itchy head to toe. So I layed down for a while at the onset of those things.

One of the ladies from the office came over to the house and saw me laying on a bench and took a look at me and expressed some concern. When she went back over to the office she told another lady. They, both being Mothers, decided I really needed to go to the hospital. I'm not one to argue with two Mothers and was feeling pretty shitty and out of it didn't put up a fight.

Sheila drove me to a local urgent care ward where I received a shot of Benadryl in the hip for the reaction and received the instructions to take it easy while my body fights over the next 24-48 hours.

Currently I still feel woozy, itchy from head to toe, if I don't keep taking the Benadryl my body temp goes up and the headache and tight chest return. The shot made the welt on my arm go away but as the shot wore off the welt came back. Right now it is a tri coloured 11cmx12cm oval on my bicept. Its really, really itchy. I've been a good girl and icing it.

I have been too drowsy (the pills) and out of it (the reaction) to really do much. I can't really concentrate on reading so I have been colouring and watching episodes of Air Farce off of their website (see previous post). Feel free to give me a call or drop by for a few minutes (though you'll have to excuse the mess of our house and the drowsiness of me), I've spent the past two days humanless and am getting a little lonely.

Tah, tah.

No comments: