Sunday, March 29, 2009

Treat Of All Adventure Movies

I went to the library the other day to pick up some movies. One of my selections was The African Queen. I enjoyed watching it as a kid and I haven't seen it in years. I noticed some Asian characters on the case, but didn't think pay them much attention. When I got home I read the synopsis on the back of the case:
During World War I, a hard drinking river trader Charles and a prim missionary Rose are forced to take an adventurous river expedition together. Throughout the voyage, they encounter tropical hazards, nefarious German officers and a surprising romance. The film takes the eventful location in Uganda in Africa and it is a rare treat of all adventure movies.
I have a hunch this may have been written by someone whose first language is not English. Regardless, it made me smile.

No comments: