Saturday, January 13, 2007

Confusing

I turned on my computer this afternoon to my little Weather Network, Weather Eyes telling me that there is a winter storm warning for both Brighton and Hamilton. I got a little excited about getting snowed in and wondered if I had enough bottles of water and canned goods. I felt sad that it wasn't happening on Sunday night and therefore possibly resulting in the cancellation of classes. I (being both a farmer's daughter and a geek) decided to see just how much snow was heading my way by virtue of radar imagery (courtesy of Environment Canada). Imagine my surprise when I saw only tiny little blips of precipitation moving through the screen. Confused I checked the Weather Network website and saw that there is only a 40% chance of precipitation in either place overnight. In fact for this evening its only a 10% chance. The WN is also saying that they are only expecting 1cm of snow overnight. There are no gusts of wind, there is...nothing? Why then the winter storm watch? I'm so confused. Maybe I'll be laughing out the other side of my face when a polar bear eats the bumper off my car. Who knows.

No comments: