Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Nomination For the Coolest Guy Ever

I have actually been thinking about this since Jason first set up the contest. Many a witty idea had run through my head, but nothing was really shouting to me to do it for sure. Then this morning I was perusing some blogs and thinking more about this worthy contest and I finally come up with my nomination:

My Dad, Bruce A. Stewart.
  1. Firstly, my Dad is awesome
  2. He could totally sit down and drink a beer with you and smoke a nice cigar (he is a fan of Cigar Aficionado magazine - its in the bathroom at home)
  3. He could just as easily sit down and pray with you
  4. He loves Baseball, Hockey and Football
  5. He sings in a choir and has done so for waaaaaay longer than I can remember
  6. He introduced me to jazz music
  7. He helped raise two pretty cool kids
  8. He's a farmer - this means 12-18hr days in the squelching heat and the numbing cold, it means he feeds people, it means he works with animals, it means he is stewardly to the earth, it means he knows how to work with his hands, it means his tractor is sexy
  9. He's very good to his parents
  10. He's been to the baseball hall of fame
  11. He is very good to my Mom, who is not the healthiest of people
  12. He has met the only man to pitch a perfect game in the world series, been invited to the press box at the Olympic stadium and met Oil Can Boyd
  13. When Windows 95 came out he did an online distance ed course to learn how to use it - internet, Brighton, 1995, woah!
  14. He hates John Rutter
  15. He loves Highway Star by Golden Earring
  16. He taught my brother and i how to play baseball, hockey and football
  17. He taught us both how to skate
  18. He can cook and is getting better at it
  19. He loves chocolate - it talks to him
  20. He redeems the name Bruce


At Tuckers Marketplace on Friday with Chelsea and Mom

He took John and I tobogganing last Christmas

He loves me

On the field at the Metrodome with John

He loves pie

No comments: