Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Birthday Bonanza

This is my younger brother:



He is one of my best friends. He lives in Iowa and goes to school on a baseball scholarship. We have a lot of good memories - cause when you grow up in the country your best friend is either going to be a sibling or a cow. And since I'm lactose intolerant and only have one sibling, well, its Johnny. We both love baseball, good music, making Mom laugh till she cries, walking around Fabricland wearing matching shorts, wrestling in the living room, and going on Stinky McDicks runs late at night when we come home from school. John is quickly growing to be an awesome man who has a big heart and a great juicy brain. He has a keen sense of humour, gives a great hug and may be just as good at cooking as I am. I haven't seen John since August the 6th and that makes me sad. But we're about to spend a good two weeks at home together. That makes me happy. I love my brother a lot. Happy 23rd buddy!

This is my friend Lisa:



Lisa and I have known each other since we were in Kindergarten. We played softball together for about a billion years. To this day her Dad is one of my favourite coaches. She is a person of integrity and strength. Our friendship has gone through some very thick and some not so thin, but still remained. Lisa is the kind of person who would support you through anything - and has! We went to school together for 10 years. We have also played basketball, volleyball, and track & field on the same teams. And been in a tone of the same plays and musicals. We have died our hair purple together, played a live version of Clue together, and been in many a lip synch. She is a teacher in Winnipeg now, which means that we don't get to see each other very often, but come Christmas break, look out, cause we'll be spending some time together. Happy 25th Lis!

This is my friend Lesley:



Lesley, aka Parsley, aka L.Bo has been my friend for almost 10 years. I met her at a Youth for Christ retreat in high school. We instantly bonded. Lesley knows how to laugh. And perhaps that's how I spent my first moments with her - laughing in two kayaks that were tied together (at their noses). We share of love of black men (but she has one), karaoke, food and Jesus. Lesley is really good at combining her love for Christ with everything else. This has taken her across the world. When she is gone I miss her. When she comes back we eat together. Our brains work a lot a like, which is both fantastic and terrible. She lives with my friend Sarah, aka Stanska. Because I love her I won't tell you exactly how old she is, but I can say she is a smidge older than I. Happy Birthday Les!

No comments: