Saturday, July 29, 2006

What I Know

The process of living for 25 years has afforded me the following knowledge*:

  1. That Footprints in the Sand poem is right.
  2. Being a drama queen is fun, but it will cause some people to always lie to you.
  3. Not having social plans for any given time is not a reflection of who you really are.
  4. Even if it ends up that nothing is wrong, you should always ask.
  5. The world needs more hugs.
  6. Although painful, the truth needs to be told more often.
  7. Family is a gift.
  8. Family doesn't have to be genetic.
  9. Having tea is under-rated
  10. Frozen gummi bears are under-rated.
  11. The power of God is under-rated.
  12. A phone call, a visit, a note, an email, etc...if it is done out of love and out of the blue can carry a lot of beautiful power.
  13. Just because I don't think they do, doesn't mean people don't care for or about me.
  14. Prayer is awesome.
  15. My Dad will always and has always been proud of me.
  16. Though my brother and I have very different ideas about some things in life he will always be one of my best friends.
  17. My Mom will always continue to show me new ways in which she loves me.
  18. Music is a gift and the only true way to listen is with the heart. It knows what 'sounds' good.
  19. That I don't know which is better: to give your heart so freely that you are constantly being hurt; or to guard it so tightly that you don't really love. Or that middle ground is hard to find.
  20. That high school means much less in life than I thought it did when I attended. The guy from Bowling for Columbine is right.
  21. There needs to be more laughing and more clapping.
  22. We need to celebrate each other more often.
  23. Pretty much anything can be a love language if you know how to read it.
  24. I don't read enough of the Bible.
  25. I will continue to be a clutter-bug and continue to put off things I don't want to do.
  26. I will continue to over commit myself.
  27. Relationships and people are very important and should take priority over most other things.
  28. You need to have at least one hobby.
  29. Taking care of your body could be considered a good thing. It may even be in the Bible.
  30. Competitions of busyness are dangerous and do not benefit anyone.
  31. Trust is a funny thing and I will never fully understand it.
  32. It is possible to be very open and very closed all at the same time.
  33. Meat lasagne and garlic bread with cheese is not in my stomach as much as it should be.
  34. I love kitties.
  35. Our plans are ok, but God's plans are better.
  36. Laptops are the way to go.
  37. Acting one's age is over-rated.
  38. Getting good grades is over-rated and so is sacrificing everything to do it.
  39. Sweating is natural.
  40. Money isn't fun.
  41. You have to leave your bubble sooner or later. Sooner is better.
  42. Creamy Garlic is the best Pizza Pizza dipping sauce.
  43. More pictures need to be taken.
  44. Clothing is over-rated.
  45. It may not be possible to acquire a taste for everything.
  46. Although hard, it may be better in the long run to cut your losses and walk away.
  47. Gas is a natural part of life.
  48. Colouring is under-rated.
  49. Garbage in, garbage out.
  50. Free refills are awesome.

*not an exclusive list of my knowledge, just things I thought of off the top of my head.

No comments: