Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I am the mayor of Funtown

So yesterday morning at work I was tired. This is not unusual, we're all tired. It was humid, but the breeze made it very nice to cultivating and weeding the front of City Hall. At the end of morning break my stomach started to kill and I thought I was going to explode out of one end or the other. Then I broke into a phenomenal cold sweat (my arms were about to drip - memories of india) and felt life draining out of me. I alerted Vander Money to how I felt and she told me I looked like death. She later told me I was so pale that she was really worried. I got myself laying down. My lead hand took one look at me and told me that I wasn't going anywhere and that I should crawl into the back of the 12 passenger van. So I did. At one point I got super cold and Lacey brought me a pair of overalls and three raincoats to keep me warm. I was still cold. Even my nose was cold! During the 2 hours I spent back there I kind of drifted in and out. I guess I was passing out, cause I was awake and then I wasn't, I would just wake up 'later'. It was so strange, it felt like the van was moving but it very much wasn't.

After those few hours I felt distinctly more human and got out of the van and sat with Team HIV while they were eating lunch. Once I felt less like a space cadet I drove home and there I have remained.

I tried to rest last night, but although I felt really tired, I did not feel sleepy. I still feel super tired, like my muscles have nothing in them and if I spend too much time 'up' I start to get dizzy and sweaty. The RN at telehealth has no idea what happened, but was concerned with the accompanying headache. She told me to keep cool and still to keep the fever down - and voila the air conditioning breaks again. So its little fan and compresses for me! Woo hoo! I am the mayor of Funtown!

ps - lets hope this doesn't start a 'saga'. I can't handle another one of those.

yes i am eating, yes i am drinking lots, and back to bed for me.

No comments: