Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sometimes you do

Sometimes you do notice those personal growth changey things in yourself. Most of the time you don't notice the little things. Of course in a grand sort of way you know that you have changed but you don't really want to recognize and would rather make it easier on yourself to continue to see yourself as the rotten person you were.

Today I was having a conversation with one friend about another mutual friend and the rough time she has been experiencing. We noticed that these choices were of a self destructive nature and did not reflect a closeness with Christ.

After driving home and thinking about that for a while something struck me. During choir tour last year Matt McKenna told me that he saw a lot of growth in me in comparison to my first year at Redeemer. I honestly didn't know what he was talking about. I knew that in large drastic ways I had changed, but not in the subtle Christ like ways that Matt was talking about. Today I understood what he meant. He saw the small choices and actions I had began making that indicated a desire to be more like the One that created me.

That was a cool realization. Prayers and blessings to you who are seeking those same changes and for me who has so many more good choices still to make.

No comments: