Thursday, November 11, 2004

Everybodyduck!

I just felt like posting some lyrics for some songs that I love hearing sung by my favourite Christian band; Everybody duck. Their worship CD Seized by the Power of a Great Affection always seems to have something to say to me.

Teach Me

Teach me to weep for the times that I've failed You
Teach me to wait Lord for Your hand to move
Teach me to watch for the dawn in my darkness
Teach me to walk in a way You'd approve
Take me, teach me to be more like You
All that you are Jesus I want to be
Take me, teach me to be more like You
Touch these blind eyes Jesus
I want to see

Teach me to wonder at all You've created
Teach me to whisper my thoughts in Your ear
Teach me to work at true love for my neighbor
Teach me to want the same things You hold dear
Take me, teach me to be more like You (x4)
-------------------------------------------------
Written by Darin McWatters and Tim Sovinec
Copyright 1998 Antinomy Music


Use Me Here

Use me here, where I am
I'm not gonna pray anymore that You'll change your plans
Despite my fear, I place my life in Your hands
the future can wait, tomorrow might be too late,
So Jesus use me here

I lay my heart's desires at Your feet, oh Lord
Take all the plans I've made and all my dreams
Blinded by triumphs of tomorrow I've let sin control today
So many drowning within reach, Father it's time
You heard me say...

I tell myself I want to know Your will, oh Lord
Still I confess I've had plans of my own
But from now on I plan to listen to Your will and to obey
No matter what the future holds I'm gonna live for You today
------------------------------------------------------------
Written by Darin McWatters and Tim Brinkman
Copyright 1997 Antimony Music/Lustiminosity Music

No comments: