Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nerd

Starting a new job this week I have thought a bit about first impressions and the assumptions and stories we create about/for people when we have spent only a little time with them.

So I wonder what my co-workers would think if they knew how excited I got last night when I received a hand delivered, specifically requested gift from Italy - a recording of Giacomo Carissimi's oratorio Jephte (the CD also contains his Jonas). I played it shortly after I got it, and it is simply some beautiful baroque music.

If they didn't think I was a weirdo after that - I wonder what they would think if they knew that during my shift today I had an Agnus Dei running through my head and I was eager to get home to my iTunes so I could figure out which composer had written it.

I'm a nerd.

No comments: