Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Best Job Ever

I am at this place in my life where in many respects I am very free. I am not married; I do not have children; I do not have a house or a mortgage; I do not have car payments; I do not have a boyfriend; my job does not have a contract. And in the more immediate sense I am not in any weddings; I have not been asked to sing in any weddings; and no one looks like they are on the brink of death. The only real commitment I have is loan payments. Those can follow me anywhere - even beyond grave.

You can imagine my excitement then at hearing about this. It's being called The Best Job in the World. The gist of it is - you go and live in an amazing 3 bedroom place on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef as the caretaker of the islands. You get paid, they fly you down and what do they want in return? They want you to take pictures and videos so you can blog with them. Ex-squeeze me, baking powder? Oh and maybe I should mention the 6 month position pays around 120,000$. So lets recap - if I got the position they would pay for me to fly down (and give me medical coverage for the time I was there), I would live in an island paradise where they would have a number of touristy things set up for me to do, and I would have to blog weekly about all the beautiful things while getting paid to do it. Can anyone tell me why this would not be the perfect job for me?

The initial application consists of making submitting a minute long video explaining why I am a good candidate for the job and showing some of my knowledge of the Great Barrier Reef and a brief application. Rest assured, when I finish the vid, I will put up here for your viewing pleasure.

Wish me well.

No comments: