Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Help! I Need Some Bodies! (And Some Cars, Oh And A Truck...)

Dear people who love me,

I love you too.

Guess what? I have an idea for how you can put your love into action! I am moving on August 1. That is one week from now! Hooray! Oh wait, moving sucks. But no, moving doesn't suck (so much) when you have a bunch of your friends to help you and then you fill your faces with pizza afterwards. (Are ya with me?)

Mostly what I need is people and vehicles. I'd like to do this is one shuh-bang - ie take everything over from one apartment to the other at once. So we all come to my place on Wednesday after work, we fill cars (and one truck, i need one truck, or a van...anyone?) with most of my earthly belongings and then we truck them up to my new place (10min drive) and drop them there. I will do all the work after that. But me, my back and my Honda Civic can't handle the rest.

So what says you? Honestly, with enough people and vehicles it shouldn't take a crazy long time. The biggest piece of furniture I have is a desk (my bed comes fully apart, there's a dresser and two practically cardboard ikea bookshelves). Let me know if you're in and then I'll coordinate things via email - like what time people are done work/when we can get this party started.

Thank you. I promise I love you for more than your muscles (as long as you love me for more than my neediness and pizza),

Laura

No comments: