Monday, September 11, 2006

Friends

I have many friends. Not bragging. Just a fact. Some of these friends come in groups. But often for me I am good friends with one or two people in a group and end up knowing most of the rest of the group as a result.

I have one group of friends that stands out. It sort of started out like all the rest. I met one of the group members a few months before Redeemer. Then another couple were the R.As of a very close friend; another was in choir with me. Quickly the gaps began to fill in and I met the whole circle. I was invited to live with some of the girls the summer after my first year. Those girls rode with me through a crazy storm that went through my life and even though it was rough they still loved me.

As I continued to spend more time with them, worship at the same church as many of them, attend weddings and now baptisms they continued to invite me into their lives more and more. They have even super-imposed me into memories from before I met most of them.

They have all graduated from Redeemer and moved on to other things; be it work; more school; travel or motherhood. Yet we still get together regularly. We celebrate our lives, our blessings and our friendships.

Anj, Sarah, Tep, Christine, Lorraine, Ruth, Marie and now Justin, Kevin, James, Brian, Paul, John, Justin (Joyce-Ann and TJ too), I love you guys. Thank you for bringing me into your lives, your circle; thank you for blessing me so richly.




No comments: