Monday, May 01, 2006

Update-ish

No opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible.
- WH Auden

That was on my personalized Google page and I thought it was semi appropriate. I'm laying her in a bed in Victoria, B.C. I'm able to lay here and type because a) i brought my laptop and b) our current billets have wireless. I'm pretty much in heaven. Though I should still be asleep, but those who know me know that I am certainly no champion when it comes to sleep.

Ok, so I told you we got to Abbotsford ok. What happened after that? The next morning we got on our bus and drove towards Seattle. On the way we drove over that underground tunnel that was under the border that those dudes were using to smuggle pot. Dr. T. was really excited to show us that. We also stopped at Bec's parents' to drop a few things off and then we actually went to Seattle. We stopped at Pike's Market. We hung out there for a few hours and then went to Lynnwood, W.A. to hook up with billets.

Sarah and I stayed with the Nelson family. Norma (the mother/wife) did her doctorate work at the U. of Iowa while Dr. T. was doing his doctorate work too. That was neat. They were super nice and lived just outside of Lynnwood. On the way back to their place Norma took us for a mini driving tour. We went past the Boeing plant, which apparently is the home of the world's largest enclosed building. It was pretty impressive.

Sunday morning we sang a lot of things in two services at Norma's church. After which we caught the ferry to Victoria, which was nice. Then we sang an evening concert at St. John the Divine church. Then we met new billets, which is where I am now. And here is actually Esquimalt. We're staying with the Taal family. Well, just Len and Annamarie and the Japanese student they have staying with them. She's actually a Shinto Temple Priestess. I find that interesting. How often do you stay with one of those. Dutch people, they're a dime a dozen, but Shinto Temple Priestesses...priceless.

Ok, the shower just opened up and I need to take advantage of it. I love you all and I'll post more pics later!

No comments: