Monday, April 03, 2006

Hero

Once upon a time I got an email from the Raptors suggesting that I nominate someone to be the Raptors/BMO Hero of the Game. So I did. I nominated Karmyn. If you know Karmyn at all you can understand why I did that, but mostly it was because of Kristel's comment on this post (ignore the fact that it says 0 comments - they are still there). Well, a few weeks after I nominated her she was chosen, and so, for Sunday, April 3, 2006, Karmyn was the Hero of the Game. That meant that she got 4 free tickets (that were worth $156 a piece!) and two free jerseys!

Yesterday Jo, Ben, Karmyn and I went to the ACC and watched the Raptors lose in double overtime. Good times were had by all.



There was some consumption of hot dogs that had been purchased from a vendor who gave us reason to believe he was suffering from a mental illness. He really liked Karmyn.



We got there pretty early. Jo noticed that our seats were very close to the DJ table. So we spent some time making friends with Jamaal and Tyrone.



Ben toyed with the idea of proposing to Karmyn (again) while we were on the jumbo-tron during the Hero of the Game segment.



The BMO lady came by pretty early on - she looked significantly coked out - and tossed a bag in Karmyn's direction. It contained the two jerseys. They were both sized Youth Medium. Cough. Um, it was a little snug for Karmyn and for me it was, well impossible. Fortunately we were later able to exchange them.



Oh the Raptors Dance Pack, so much dancing. They came out for every time out in the 4th quarter. They didn't impress me. We're thinking of auditioning for the Pack next year. I guess we should have kept the smaller jerseys.



Aww, my two roomies with their very characteristic love language of touch.



We might have had a 45 minute wait for our GO train.



The Booty Barn.

In the jersey exchange there ended up being some store credit, so Karm and I both got toques too. Then, because the Raptors scored over 100 points our tickets were redeemable for a free slice of pizza from any Pizza Pizza in the GTA (which we hit up on our way home from the GO station in Clarkson) AND they were giving away free POGS at the door. So much good, so much hero!

No comments: