Thursday, September 01, 2005

Prayers Answered In a Big Way

Alright, this should be what I am hoping is the last addition to the Sting Saga.

My parents came and picked me up on Sunday and gave me the love that only a parent can. It was nice not to have to worry about meals and such. I also got to take advantage of their satellite television and catch up with some old friends called V.I.P. and Star Trek T.N.G. (my goodness i love Spike TV).

Tuesday rolls around and in the middle of a nap I get this call from the City of Hamilton telling me that I have to go back to work and what day am I coming. Let us just say that my heart started to pump quickly as I struggled to grasp what was going on. I fumbled with an answer of Thursday, but told her that I really wasn't sure. She told me I had to come back before school started and that there were all kinds of forms that I should have filled out and would need to fill out and get a doctor to fill out. This was all a surprise to me. No foreman had mentioned anything like this in their phone calls to me. I did what I could to satisfy the woman on the phone and the call ended.

I tired to convey the details of the conversation to my Mom and almost ended up in tears. I knew I wasn't ready to go back to work. Mom and I devised a plan of heading to the hammer on Wednesday, seeing a doctor at the Locke St Clinic to fill out the Functional Abilities form the City wanted, take that to my yard and then see what happened. I still can't really drive so my Mom was going to have to take me to work the next day.

Wednesday morning we were preparing to go and I tried to get a hold of a foreman to make sure everything was for real. After leaving a few messages I had given up on trying to reach them. Then I struggled with my parents dial-up 24.0-26.4kbs internet to try and get the aforementioned Functional Abilities form to bring with us. While I was online God worked in a very tangible way. He got the acting foreman, George to call me and leave a message.

After a very affirming call to him things became much clearer. He agreed that still being dizzy, running a fever and super tired I was still unfit to return to work. He told me to go and see a doctor and get back in touch with him. He also said that he would lean on the people downtown for me. (yeah George!) That lead me to believe that the trip to the hammer might be premature. We called my parents General Physician (formerly mine) to see if he could take a look at me and fill in the form. His receptionist told me to come in in one hour! I called the lady downtown who had put so much pressure on me. She had just got off the phone with George. (yeah George!) She agreed that I likely wasn't ready to come back to work, but still needed to see the doctor. She faced the F.A form to the doctor's office for me.

I went to the doctor in Brighton. He said that I had been entirely over medicated and wondered at the functional abilities of a doctor who would put a girl being sedated by an antihistamine on a stronger more sedating antihistamine. He continued and told me that I was having a delayed hypersensitive reaction to the sting. I would make a full recovery but with such a short time being left in my contract, wouldn't feel comfortable sending me back to work in that time. So he wrote me off for the rest of my term. My term was to end on this coming Tuesday.

Now I am able to recover without stress. my parents brought me back today in order to avoid the bulk of holiday traffic. I am still dizzy, very tired, and running a slight fever. But I do know what is going on, and that I am being taken care of by my heavenly Father and my friends and here on earth.

I'll be at the house sleeping and cleaning this weekend if you want to stop in (maybe call first).

No comments: