Saturday, August 14, 2004

Oh Awkward City

Ok, so I'm sitting in Simon LeSieur's livingroom. That in itself is not so strange, the strange part is that noone from Simon's family or Simon are here. I'm at the apartment all by myself with a set of keys.

Later today I am singing at the wedding of the lovey Krista Tuininga. This wedding is taking place in Exeter, Ontario (north of London). As I am part of the ceremony it was required of me to be around for the rehearsal. In my infinite wisdom I had decided that I would drive back to Hamilton after the rehearsal. Stupid me, I forgot about jet lag and its oh so fun dizzy spells. So driving two hours from the rehearsal, hanging around in Hamilton, getting ready there, driving two hours back for the wedding and then driving two hours back to the Hammer after started to sound like a very bad idea. A solution would be to stay in the London region..but alas most of the people I know from this region are attending or are IN the wedding of Rachel and Jason in Hamilton today. Arg, what is a girl to do? Well, you call up your buddy Simon, explain that you have just spent 5 weeks with him and wouldn't it be awesome to have me stay at his house. And then your buddy Simon tells you to come on over! Hooray.

So I wake up this morning to find out that Simon and his Mere have to leave around 11am, and that is way to early for me to have make-up hair and dress done, so I figure I have to find somewhere else to get ready..but no, that Smit/LeSieur hospitality extends even further, and they leave me to lock up their place for them. Oh Jesus, you provide when I need!

If you see me at a wedding today give me a poke, 'cause I may be asleep standing up.

No comments: